Established to empower, rather than just educate, to fuel ambition, rather than just feed it, the Chennai Business School (CBS), unlike any other regular Institution in the country, is driven by the vision and leadership of distinguished captains of industry.
CBS synergistically addresses two key concerns of Industry – the acute demand-supply imbalance and the chasm that exists between the perspective and skill-sets that industry requires versus that developed by the existing Institutions. In other words, CBS is all about equipping its students with everything that it takes to shape their future.
CBS has an Advisory Board, headed by Mr. Ram Shahaney, Chairman Emeritus of Ashok Leyland Ltd., and comprised of some of the most distinguished members from industry and academic institutions. The co-founders of CBS, who are also members of the Governing Council, are:
• Mr. J. N. Amrolia, former Executive Director, Ashok Leyland Ltd.
• Mr. K. Krishnan, former President, Airtel Broadband Division; Presently Director ThinkSynQ Consulting
• Mr. Mohan Menon, former Director, Ogilvy & Mather
• Late Mr. P. K. Mohapatra, former President & CEO, Technology Business Sector, RPG Enterprises
• Mr. N. Sathasivam, Director, ThinkSynq Consulting
Right from inception in 2006, CBS has differentiated its offerings to the student community. Be it the regular interaction with senior management from Industry, the excellent curriculum that makes for real-world learning or the academic rigor of 1,000 hours interspersed with projects, assignments and field-work, CBS ensures that its students are a cut above competition.