For students who are getting ready for a new start in business schools in chennai can be exciting as well as overwhelming for some as this is the first time they may be experiencing a change or moving away from home. To transition your life into school life here are 5 tips that you can follow
1) It is okay to feel nervous: For all the students who are starting their semester in CMS, going to college and the sound of it can be scary at times. There may be many times about how you contemplated whether to go to study or do your job side by side or choose both. You might feel nervous and at the same time very excited as to how much you have to look forward to. Remember what everyone else is feeling and try to focus on the excitement instead of the nerves. Once you arrive you will get to crack the things that are important, attend classes, events etc which make you feel relaxed and you begin to think about all the amazing opportunities that you are going to get your way over the next 2 years.
2) Time management is the King: When you come first to CBS there may be many daily life tasks that you will be thinking on a daily basis and managing. That aspect of student life can get quite tricky with time if you are dedicating your life studying and in worst cases away from home. You need to do other things too like shopping, cleaning, cooking etc all by yourself. Whilst you make time for studying which is something that you are used to, make sure you get time for chores too and once you settle it you will get enough time for hitting your books, brooms and bars.
3) Homesickness will be passé: When you move to campus and no matter how far away from home you are, it is common to feel homesick. Your friends and family may just be a call away and sometimes you need to keep in mind that they are always there to support you.
4) Stay curious, open, excited and restless: Be very straightforward once you arrive at the school for PGPM course in Chennai. Make sure you are curious to learn new things, excited to explore new avenues and burning with restlessness to know more. Your hard work has finally paid off and you have come to an amazing point in life where you study the course that you have wished to all along.
5) Social media is not for likes alone: We strongly recommend using social media to chat with CBS students before coming here. You may have a thousand questions burning in your mind which is why social media plays a large part. There are plenty of Facebook groups out there for you where you can message and ask students about anything that you are unsure of. This will really help you and cool your last minute nerves if you have any.
We hope the tips help you to make the most of your time at CBS and help you in the transition into campus life.